Manatt Health Position: Summer Analyst
Office: Chicago, IL; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Washington, D.C.
The Summer Analyst role is for candidates who are expected to receive their graduate degree in 2022. We are not accepting any other candidate submissions for this position.
Manatt Health Overview
Manatt Health integrates consulting and legal expertise to better serve the complex needs of clients across the healthcare system. Combining legal excellence, first-hand experience in shaping public policy, sophisticated strategy insight, and deep analytic capabilities, we provide uniquely valuable professional services to the full range of health industry players.
Our diverse team of more than 160 consultants and attorneys from Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP and its consulting subsidiary, Manatt Health Strategies, LLC, is passionate about helping our clients advance their business interests, fulfill their missions, and lead healthcare into the future. For more information, visit https://www.manatt.com/Health.
Summer Analyst Program Overview
Help make an impact this summer alongside our nationally recognized healthcare strategy and policy consulting team at Manatt Health. As a participant in our Summer Analyst Program, you will:
• Attend a kick-off orientation where you will learn about our culture and clients, as well as receive formal skill development and content training
• Work on diverse healthcare consulting projects for clients who are passionate about improving healthcare
• Have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and gain hands-on experience
• Receive a comprehensive overview of what it’s like to work as a consultant at Manatt Health
Our Summer Analyst Program is an eight to ten week program, the objective of which is to identify candidates for Consultant roles upon graduation. Locations include Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC.
At Manatt Health, you will be inspired to make the world a better place. You will work with a team of passionate and driven professionals to develop strategy and policy recommendations for our clients. In this role, your responsibilities will include: qualitative and quantitative research on healthcare business and policy issues, presentation development and design, assistance with monitoring federal and state health policy and market development and other emerging healthcare trends. You will work on a broad range of substantive issues including: payment and delivery system transformation; healthcare reform implementation; hospital, health system and academic medical center strategy; strategic planning services; Medicaid policy, redesign and innovation; Medicare program elements; health IT strategy; and pharmaceutical market access, coverage and reimbursement strategies.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Fostering diversity, equity and inclusion is a Manatt core value and fundamental to our organizational identity. We believe that a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we live, work, and serve enriches Manatt’s culture and enhances our ability to understand our clients’ needs and develop better, more impactful solutions. Manatt’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee drives the firm’s efforts, working with firm leadership, and engaging our legal, consulting, and business professionals, to create and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
You must have a demonstrated commitment to working in healthcare and you must be a graduate student pursuing an advanced degree with a focus on public health, business administration, public administration, public policy, health administration, or health care management, with an anticipated graduation date in 2022.
Preferably, you will:
• Have had multiple relevant internship experiences or a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in the healthcare industry with demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for healthcare issues and trends.
• Have strong problem solving, organizational, communication, analytical, and written & verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media.
• Be a self-starter who likes a fast paced environment with the ability to work independently and be part of a team, collaborate with others, and are eager and curious to learn new topic areas quickly.
• Demonstrate ability to review data to generate descriptive statistics and conduct analyses that address strategy and policy questions (a plus if you have strong financial modeling skills with the ability to develop financial pro formas).
• Have strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Join Us to Help Make an Impact
If you can see yourself on the cutting edge of the issues and opportunities facing the healthcare sector, we strongly encourage you to apply. You must apply through our online application portal. As part of your application, you will be required to upload a cover letter. Transcripts and a 2-3 page writing sample from your academic or work experience where you are the sole author (examples include policy memo, briefing memo, issue brief, short research paper, market/competitive analysis or PPT) are recommended but not mandatory.
Manatt is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.